Jemicy School, which educates talented and bright college-bound students with dyslexia or other related language-based learning differences, is seeking an innovative, creative, and dynamic educator to lead the school forward in the role of Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator. This full-time, 12-month position reports directly to the Head of School and encompasses both the Lower/Middle and Upper School Campuses. Working with the Head of School and his leadership team, the coordinator will oversee the school’s initiatives regarding diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice; participate in faculty recruitment, development, and retention; take part in student recruitment and retention; influence curriculum; and create student life activities.
Objectives and responsibilities for this position were determined through a collaborative process that resulted in the Board of Trustees’ approval of this position as well as the creation of a Diversity Committee within the Board. Salary commensurate with experience and credentials.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred
• Classroom teaching experience
• Project management skills including implementing complex programs, supervising personnel, and developing/handling a budget
• Proven success working collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, parents, and community leaders
• Commitment to diversity and a strong interest in planning multicultural programming
• Successful track record managing cross-discipline teams
• Outstanding interpersonal skills
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a multitude of tasks by volume, urgency, etc.
• Detail-oriented and resourceful
• Strong work ethic and high level of integrity
• Tactful and discreet
• References should attest to the applicant’s ability to function in a leadership role
• Comfort with and enthusiasm for students aged 6 through 18
• Capacity to work with others in a high-functioning, collaborative, and innovative educational setting
• Collaborative, resilient, flexible, diplomatic, confident, patient, and possessed of a sense of humor and professional presence
• Technologically savvy
• Demonstrated personal commitment to professional growth and to receiving and acting on constructive feedback
• High energy and enthusiasm for working in an academic atmosphere
Send a cover letter and resume to Tim Hormes at email@example.com
or 11 Celadon Road, Owings Mills, MD 21117. For serious consideration, applicants must apply directly to Jemicy School. The school will not review resumes submitted through public job boards.