The primary role of the Upper School Director of Educational Technology and Curriculum Innovation is to provide strong leadership in overseeing the integration of technology into the Jemicy Upper School curriculum for continued improvement of instruction. This position will oversee the Chromebook program, digital subscriptions and digital educational tools and will work closely with the Director of Technology to identify opportunities to innovate and enhance classroom instruction and curriculum and provide support to all users.
This position reports directly to the US Head of School.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide relevant and meaningful technology-based professional development and support for teachers.
· Create opportunities for cross-curricular collaboration school wide.
· Maintain and help carry out the Educational Technology Scope and Sequence.
· Use technology as a conduit to enhance curriculum and create clear road maps for students and teachers.
· Ensure Assistive Technology at Jemicy is being used in the best ways for students and communication is streamlined about student needs.
· Attend department and/or grade level meetings often to stay current with content and brainstorm with teachers on projects, initiatives, etc.
· Be a liaison between IT, Teachers and Students
· Teach classes using these models: assist (can pop in whenever needed), conduct mini-lessons, co-teach, project based learning, small group pull out, or individual sessions.
· Assist teachers in using technology effectively for assessing student learning, differentiating instruction, and providing rigorous, relevant and engaging learning experiences for all students.
· Collaborate with instructional staff in regards to effective use of technology tools and resources to systematically collect and analyze pertinent data, interpret results and communicate findings to improve instructional practice and maximize student learning.
· Coach teachers in and model the use of online and blended learning, digital content and collaborative learning networks to support and extend student learning as well as expand opportunities for online professional development for teachers and administrators.
· Participate in the school improvement process through goal setting and implementation as well as data analysis for instructional improvement.
· Identify technology integration competencies among instructional staff, in collaboration with school administrators, and deliver appropriate coaching, training, and resources to support the professional growth of individuals.
· Model and promote digital citizenship by facilitating safe, healthy, legal and ethical use of digital information and technologies.
· Collaborate with LMS Ed Tech Director to ensure cross divisional consistency and alignment of the school’s mission and philosophy
· B.A. required; M.Ed. or Masters in instructional technology / education preferred.
· Must be highly organized, possess strong communication skills; be able to juggle multiple priorities effectively; work well in a team environment.
Must be able to demonstrate patience and compassion when working with individuals with differing technological skill levels.Competitive salary and benefits package will be discussed during the hiring process. Send a cover letter and resume to: Rizzel Montgomery, re: US Director of Ed Tech • email@example.com 11 Celadon Rd, Owings Mills, MD 21117.